Wednesday 31 March 2010

Evaulation-Question 3

3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Overall my feedback has been fairly positive! Allot of people liked the genre, I think it was different and unexpected. From the very beginning of this idea when we screened them the first time, the feedback was positive. People enjoyed the dance, colours, editing and camera shots along with the actual song. I was told to keep up everything which I had already had then and along as it carried on it would end up in a good result. Luckily it did! From the feedback I have been given, a lot of people liked the idea of filming it on different backgrounds and the contrast of these and the costumes. I was also told that I could have added in footage was filmed outside or even ‘behind the scenes’. I was thinking of this but I decided to leave it. This might have given it a different feel and more western as people would have been able to see what goes on in our personal lives and the western side of Brit-Asian artists.

The performance was one of the biggest hits in the video! The bhangra dancing; moving the shoulders and hips and twisting the light bulbs was enjoyed by everyone and got them in dancing too which involved them in to the final piece. The facial expressions while singing to the song were picked up by a few people and they liked this because ‘it showed affection and passion towards the video’. Also I think as not many people understood the lyrics, some of the dance moves gave across some vague suggestions of what we might be singing which shows the audience are interested.

‘The uses of camera shots have been done really good’. This was a comment I was told by one viewer. By showing close ups I think it promotes the artist a fair amount. I think it shows who they are and it gives the audience a chance to see them properly (as weird as it may sound) and almost get them feeling close to them. Some of the viewers liked the shots where the drum was in front and the dance was going on in the back which showed different types of dancing and also showed off the costumes worn. The editing was quite fast paced in some areas, especially when the drums got faster or the verse changes back to the chorus. One of the most popular bits was the picture animation of the drums when they all flash and flicker to the beat of the drums. I added this in once near the beginning but it was liked a lot and I was told to add it in frequently.
From audience and other viewers my ancillary products were liked very much. They liked the colours, images and layout of these. I tried very hard to make them look professional as I could and I think with a little bit more work I could have reach this for my poster and digipack.

No comments:

Post a Comment