Thursday 1 April 2010

Evaluation-Question 4

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

From the very beginning when we started out research, I began using the internet. The most common site that I used was Google. This is where I research for my textual analysis, my research for my ancillary products, and ideas for my music video. Also for the actual video ‘YouTube’ was used a lot. By looking at one video that I liked, the links carried on and on making it a lot easier for me to find what I wanted. This wasn’t just for these things but for finding out about music video directors and other information about people which expanded my knowledge on certain topics.

Software’s like word was one of my main applications that I used. Obviously as part of research I used it a lot as it has more functions on it than the blog has for writing. I spent a lot of time on word typing up research and writing up my posts which I then copy and pasted into my blog.
I didn’t actually use MP3’s as much as I thought I would have. With the amount of lip syncing that I had in my final video, I thought I would have needed these a lot to listen to all the time and get the timings right. But I managed to do this without this. As I already knew the song very well it was very easy for me to just go along with the song as it played. But I did use a CD player to play the song out loader for the shoot. It was obviously a lot clearer and loader which made it easier to lip sync and follow the dance to.

This was my first time I had used I-movie on my own. So I was new to it and didn’t know much about how to use it and all the shortcuts on the keyboard. I did get a bit of help from friends and teachers at the beginning of my editing journey just so I could get use to the whole thing and it was pretty simple and straight forward. I got use to it really quickly and I emended up doing a lot for editing in my video. Fast paced stuff and some longer shots. I also added some effects from these which I found were very helpful towards my video as something very simple and light made a big difference to certain shots and footage. Once this was done and all the basics were done I uploaded this onto final cut pro where I cropped down some scenes as you could see the wall in the background. I also tried playing around with the color and the brightness and contrast but I think it looked a lot better the way it was and the color and contrast I added in I-movie.

Photoshop was the most used software. I used this all the time to play around with colors and layouts, text, designs for my ancillary products as well as for editing pictures and images for the actual music video. I spent a very large amount of my time on this during the whole project. Even once I had finished designing text for my poster and digipack or creating vectors and backgrounds, I still went back on to it trying my best to make things look even better by using my good Photoshop skills. As you can see on my blog and glogster, I have shown development of my poster and my digipack designs.

The glogster wasn’t used a lot. For me this was more of a mood bard just to show what this genre was about. I think it helped people understand and identify what they could possibly find at the end of this project as my result. With all the functions that it had on it I thin it made it easier for me to design stuff, add in colors, backgrounds, text and obviously videos of what ‘bhangra’is all about.

Overall my blog was used all the time as it was my online sketchbook where I added on all my research, planning, designs and shared my ideas. It was quite fun as I could personalize it to my standard and my taste and obviously bhangra being the genre it gave me another way to advertise what it is and what was planning to aim for.

No comments:

Post a Comment